DTC DETECTION LOGIC
|DTC No.||Trouble diagnosis name||Possible cause|
|P0488|| EGR VOLUME CONTROL |
• 1.DEF: Signal incoherence
• 2.DEF: Signal outside lower level
• 3.DEF: Signal outside upper level
• 4.DEF: Valve outside level
• 5.DEF: Defective sensor
| • Harness or connectors (The EGR volume control valve circuit is open or shorted.) (The EGR volume control valve control position sensor circuit is open or shorted.)|
• EGR volume control valve
• EGR volume control valve control position sensor
• Incorrect EGR volume control valve installation
• EGR volume control valve stuck closed
• EGR passage clogged
• Conditions for applying the diagnostic procedure to the stored DTCs: The DTC is declared present after the engine is started.
• Special notes:
— Engine instability, possibly even stalling.
— Difficult to start engine or even impossible when cold.
— Loss of performance.
— Possible smoke emissions.
— Malfunction indicator (Red) lights up.